Thursday, 18 August 2011

Moving chaos

Well, I'm right in the middle of moving house at the moment, my lovely old house has gone to new owners and the new one isn't fit to live in (more on that later...), we're currently relying on lovely friends to let us stay in their houses while they're on holiday, which means I don't have access to my computer at the mo (must get a laptop) so blogging is tricky as I can't get to my photos. I know I should probably be techie enough to do it all from my phone or something but I'm afraid I'm just not.

I can't wait to show you all the hideous 'before' photos and - fingers crossed - some fabulous 'after photos'.

WARNING - the 'before pics will include black and blue checked carpet, lots of mouse poo and .....(oh horror)...rat poo!!!

Having spent ages fantasising about decorating my scuzzy new home I'm now feeling under pressure to make loads of decisions very quickly. Do you realise how many different styles of bathroom sinks there are out there??

It's all quite mind boggling.

I've got to choose a kitchen quickly as at the moment I've just got a totally empty room, so I was interested to read Ray's post about her thoughts on kitchens.

She talks about not rushing into decisions and letting things evolve, I couldn't agree more and I love her collection of photos of inviting, quirky kitchens - well worth a look.

However, I think I'm probably going to go for a very simple ikea kitchen, and although I know it's a pretty dull choice I'm hoping I'll be able to personalise it by adding my own stuff and putting pictures on the wall etc...

I've also got to choose carpet for the upstairs and I haven't a clue where to start - wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Hope it all goes well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lemony, we too wish you best luck to come out of chaos. xo
    ~ Mehul
    Architectural Stone

    ReplyDelete